Monday 10 September 2012

Go, go, go!

Nothing very spectacular to report on the novel front I am ashamed to say. Last week (the first week back at work), in my defence, was manic and therefore far from creative. However, my plan this week is to write from 1pm-3pm every day and I am pleased to report that I am typing this at 12.50 Monday feeling ready to put in the hours and get going!

Over the weekend I read the 20+ chapters I have already printed and despite some niggles I was on the whole pleased with the progress I have made so far. I just need to keep reminding myself that what I have already achieved is epic and that I don't have anyone breathing down my neck waiting for it to be finished. This time round I am writing on my own terms and can therefore allow myself the luxury of all the time I need to get it right.

Last week I sent in my submission for the Norwich Writers' Centre TLC free read and had an acknowledgement that it has arrived! I gave it the best I could so now I just have to wait and see.
The deadline isn't until the end of the month with winners being announced by the end of November so for now I just have to try and forget about it and forge ahead with completing the novel.

I will of course keep you posted.

H-J

No comments:

Post a Comment