Saturday 3 August 2013

Notice anything different?

Well, what do you think? Time for a clean sweep I thought. I hope the changes meet with your approval? To say the last few weeks have been tough would be something of an understatement, but I'm not the sort who gives up easily so I have decided to change tack.

Yes, the manuscript has so far been rejected but I have received some very encouraging comments - solid plot, strong synopsis, lovely writing style, you have potential, don't give up etc - not the deal I was dreaming of, but not a dismissive 'don't give up the day job either' and to me that is the silver lining.

I'm still very much in love with When the Country Calls and am now considering going it alone in eBook format. Any thoughts, experience or pearls of wisdom most welcome!

On a different note, today is a somewhat celebratory day in our house as my son celebrates his 18th birthday! Currently shopping with his lovely girlfriend and planning a night of goodness knows what I can hardly believe that 18 years have slipped by so quickly. I guess the lesson for today is to make the most of every second and live life to the full! Are any of you celebrating anything special this weekend?

Just before I sign off, what do you think of my random list on the right? What would you put on yours?

H-J x


No comments:

Post a Comment