Sunday 28 September 2014

My Writing Space

My new writing spot
The long anticipated Autumn Equinox has finally been and gone and along with it, it would seem, the dog days. There is a definite chill in the air and for the first time since moving in May, I have eaten breakfast in the conservatory with the door closed. Now don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint. I am less than fond of the soaring Summer heat and grateful to add another layer in the evenings, but it has got me thinking about the 'keep this writer warm' campaign and how I'm going to stave off frozen digits for the next few months.

Those of you who have been following the blog for a while will know all about my fingerless gloves and woolly hat combo and the muff suggestion from lovely Sue Moorcroft last year, however, new house, new campaign so I have started early this year!

This morning, along with planning (cleverly titled Novel number 3 - the Ruby novel), I've been re-organising my writing space and searching out the warmest possible spot. As you can see from the photo I've ended up in the conservatory. The dining table, now in the sitting room, only gets the sun at the end of the day and I'm an early writing bird, whereas the conservatory faces south east and benefits from sunrise to late afternoon.

As I type today, the heat is almost too much and the back door is wide open so I'm hoping even in the dead of winter the sun will have an impact and even if it doesn't, I'm now located in the smallest room in the house and hoping an oil filled radiator or similar will keep me toasty at far less cost than running the heating in the rest of the house.

I know I'm not the only writer who struggles to keep warm during the hours at the coal face during the coldest months of the year so come on, how do you get through? Share your secrets and help stave off the frost bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment