Sunday 25 January 2015

Spread the love!

Hi everyone! How are you all? I hope you've had a productive week? I've had a great few days on the writing front and have been thrilled to see that the literary social calendar is beginning to fill up nicely for the next few weeks.

On Wednesday I was delighted to learn that Harper Collins have announced the dates for their second online Romance Festival. Love and romance certainly will be in the air as the event is taking place over the weekend of the 7th and 8th of February.



Those of you who took part last year already know why I am so excited that this event is happening again and if it is the first time you've heard about it then I suggest you register now for a free ticket so you are kept up to date with everything that will be happening.

The advice and support I received last year came at a crucial point in my writing career and many of the people I made contact with I am still in touch with today. All too often I have found that events and Festivals I would love to attend are so far away from home that cost, including travel, puts them out of reach. Writing can be a lonely business so the opportunity to interact online is particularly welcome and so much fun. Sign yourselves up quick smart!

Along with this fabulous online event I am also lunching with the Norfolk RNA Chapter ladies in February. Last year, when I was an NWS member I only managed to attend once and that happened almost at the end of the year. This year, work commitments pending I'm determined to make every single one. Ladies, you have been warned!

Penned in for March is another fabulous event in London but details of that will follow in a few posts time...

As well as working on the wip and drawing up a punishing schedule for the next few writing weeks, I've also continued planning (as yet unnamed) Novel Number 3 and reading, lots! Last week I finished reading The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester which I absolutely loved. An engaging cast of diverse characters, a fascinating story full of clever twists and turns and an ending that it so, so clever that even though you probably shouldn't, you can't help but smile. This week I'm laughing out loud courtesy of Jane Costello and The Time of Our Lives.

Whilst enjoying my own literary adventures I was also thrilled to learn that the very lovely Catherine Miller has been awarded the Katie Fforde bursary. Huge congratulations Catherine! I'm continually amazed by your ability to juggle such fabulous writing and twin girls and I'm hoping you'll find the time to visit the blog again soon. 

I'd love to know what you are all reading and writing this week so if you have time, leave a comment below and we'll compare notes. Wishing you all a wonderful week!

Heidi x

6 comments:

  1. I've been working on the second draft of Book 3 for the past week. I was a bit (a lot!) daunted about diving into it again as I knew there was so much work to be done on it, but I'm really enjoying - so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Jennifer. I know what you mean. I find writing the first draft so exciting, consuming almost but diving back in can be scary! Pleased it's all going well. Fingers crossed that it continues! Have a lovely week. Hx

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Heidi-Jo. I'm off to sign up for that festival. Currently reading Elephant Girl by Henri Gyland & getting close to the 60,000 mark. Have a fab week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Catherine. The Festival was fab last year. Congratulations on the word count. You'll be typing The End before you know it! Hx

      Delete
  3. Just signed up for the festival, Thank you. I am currently reading A Vintage Wedding by Katie Fforde which is a wonderful read so far. Role on The Cherry Tree Cafe release! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I'm thrilled you will taking part in the Festival and I can't wait to read The Vintage Wedding. I was lucky enough to hear Katie talking about the inspiration behind the plot at the Festival of Romantic Fiction in Leighton Buzzard last year. Not long now until The Cherry Tree Cafe release. Can't wait! Hx

      Delete