Monday 22 February 2016

Sitting on my hands and other skills...

I don't know whether many other authors signed to a publisher have developed this skill, but since signing on the dotted line in 2014 I have become an extremely competent Secret Keeper. Not only have I discovered how best to sit on my hands to avoid striking the keys, I have also managed to keep my lips zipped until I'm given the nod from the Powers That Be and given the gigantic, ginormous secret I am currently carrying around I think that's rather impressive!

So, as I can't tell you what I really, really want to tell you, I thought I should keep this post simple and give you a quick update about what I've been up to recently and mention a couple of exciting Author Outings looming large on the horizon.

Last week I had the pleasure of revisiting Skylark Farm as the postman delivered the pages for the final proofreading. Personally this is part of the publishing process that I really enjoy. Immersed in the depths of the first draft of the next novel it is comforting to go back and revisit your last love, especially when you realise it does work, the plot does hang together, the setting is delightful and the hero is every bit as delectable as you intended!

With the pages happily signed off I was excited to discover that the novel is now available for the bargain price of £3.99 and as a result has been skipping about on the Amazon chart in anticipation of publication day on June 2nd.




On the outings front, I am off to Norwich on Friday to lunch with the lovely ladies who make up the Norfolk Chapter of the RNA. I am particularly looking forward to welcoming the two new NWS members who will be joining us for the first time and who I hope will be featuring on the blog soon.

I am also counting down the days until the Blogger Author meet-up which is happening in London in March. When I last checked there were around 60 expected guests so I hope there will be enough time to have a proper chat with everyone. It is always exciting to meet social media friends in Real Life and I will of course be taking plenty of photos to share.

The diary is really filling up for this year with further excitement planned for April, May and October but there will be more about all those events in future posts.

Wishing you all a wonderful week whatever you are up to and thank you for checking back in.

H x




2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can channel your secret keeper experience into your next book - you know nothing in life is wasted when you're a writer. See you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete